Aquaponics Role in Feeding the Future
In this video, Professor James Tidwell discusses the importance of aquaponics and aquaculture in feeding the future of the human race. Professor Tidwell is the Chair of the Division of Aquaculture at Kentucky State University.
See the slide deck presentation: Aquaponics Role in Feeding the Future
For even more great information on the incredible importance of aquaculture, see an article from Scientific American — It’s Time to be Honest about Seafood. This article details the necessity to develop a U.S. aquaculture industry. And, as an aquaponic-grower, we should all ask, what are you going to do with all that fish effluent!?
Do you want to help us promote aquaponics and connect aquaponic growers?
The Aquaponics Association is a nonprofit that connects growers and works to increase aquaponic production. Please consider a General Membership to support this cause.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Regular newsletters
- Access to Aquaponics Association Members Forum with chat groups and direct messages
- Ability to participate in working groups to move aquaponics forward: 1) Commercial Aquaponics; 2) Community Aquaponics; 3) Aquaponics in STEM Education; and 4) Aquaponics Research
- Exclusive web content like checklists, best practices, conference presentations and full conference videos from top experts
- Legislative & Regulatory Updates
- Special Member Discounts
Membership fees also support:
- Development and promotion of materials to educate the public about the benefits and opportunities of aquaponics!
- Development of industry standards and best practices
- Infrastructure to connect aquaponic growers from around the world
- Strategic partnerships to expand aquaponics into new fields
- Ability to speak with one voice to policy-makers and regulators on issues like Organic certification, food safety certification, and agriculture policy
- Resources to improve aquaponic growers’ skills, growing capacity, and business opportunities
- Resources to cultivate and develop aquaponics as an emerging green industry
Learn more: General Membership