The USDA recently published a new grant opportunity: Innovating Formal and NonFormal Educational Experiences in Food and Agricultural Sciences During the Time of Social Distancing.
See the funding opportunity on page 19 of the Request for Applications: USDA Social Distance Ag Education Grants
Applications are due August 20, 2020.
Grant Information Webinar is Tuesday, July 28: Register here for the Grant Webinar
Do you have an interest in partnering with the Aquaponics Association on this grant opportunity? Email us at [email protected] We are also happy to write letters of support for aquaponics proposals.
Regarding this grant, the USDA states:
“This program area priority addresses the need to develop and deploy rapid, reliable, and readily-adoptable strategies in workforce preparation through formal K-14 education, as well as in youth development through non-formal (e.g., extension) education to cultivate interest and competencies in STEM and agriculture during this challenging time. Funded projects are expected to develop tools, techniques, and other practices that can be rapidly adopted at home or by various educators and extension specialists to ensure the effective formal and non-formal education of K-14 students and youth development.
Help us Fight for Aquaponics!
The Aquaponics Association is a nonprofit that connects growers and works to increase aquaponic production. Please consider a General Membership to support this cause.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Regular newsletters
- Access to Aquaponics Association Members Forum with chat groups and direct messages
- Ability to participate in working groups to move aquaponics forward: 1) Commercial Aquaponics; 2) Community Aquaponics; 3) Aquaponics in STEM Education; and 4) Aquaponics Research
- Exclusive web content like checklists, best practices, conference presentations and full conference videos from top experts
- Legislative & Regulatory Updates
- Special Member Discounts
Membership fees also support:
- Development and promotion of materials to educate the public about the benefits and opportunities of aquaponics!
- Development of industry standards and best practices
- Infrastructure to connect aquaponic growers from around the world
- Strategic partnerships to expand aquaponics into new fields
- Ability to speak with one voice to policy-makers and regulators on issues like Organic certification, food safety certification, and agriculture policy
- Resources to improve aquaponic growers’ skills, growing capacity, and business opportunities
- Resources to cultivate and develop aquaponics as an emerging green industry
Learn more: General Membership